Our mission is to Love God, Proclaim Jesus Christ and
Empower People to Serve the Lord!
The Paramount Church was founded in 1994 by the Rev. Dwight M. Stevens, a medical doctor who practiced Dermatology with the Palm Beach Medical Group from 1977 until 1992, until his call into full-time ministry.
The beliefs of this Protestant Non-Denominational Christian Church are centered around the Gospel: Salvation through Christ and growth of Christian character.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is simply the offer of forgiveness of sins by Jesus’ shedding of His blood on the cross for each of us. This free gift of forgiveness is offered to all, but must be received individually. With that comes the promise and certainty of eternal life with God in heaven.
While here on earth, we believe God wants us to become reflective of His nature, as evidenced by the Fruit of the Holy Spirit which is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control (Galatians 5:22). A true Christian is to display these characteristics in his or her life; therefore it is our endeavor to teach and promote the increase of these essential virtues. The greatest of these virtues is love, defined biblically as: Love is patient, kind, does not envy, does not boast, not proud, not rude, not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs, thinks the best, does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth, always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always endures, always perseveres (1 Corinthians 13:4-7).
Our goals are also to help people come to know the God of all creation personally, if they don’t already have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. And for those who do, to come into a deeper personal, practical and intimate relationship with God – knowing His heart, His thoughts, His will for the life of each individual.
A significant part of our service consist of Praise and Worship, with a combination of contemporary and traditional music, as we believe God is to be worshiped in both joyful and reverent song. After all, the longest book in the Bible is a songbook, the Book of Psalms.
TENETS OF FAITH PARAMOUNT CHURCH – The activities of the PARAMOUNT CHURCH shall be based upon, and shall at all times be consistent with the following beliefs.
- The Bible is the inspired written, infallible, and only authoritative Word of God
2 Tim 3:16; Heb 1:1; Prov 30:5; 2 Pet 1:20-21
- Belief in the Trinity. There is one God eternally manifested in three persons: Father, Son & Holy Spirit
Matt 3:16-17; 28:19; 2 Cor 13:14; 1 John 5:7
- The Lord Jesus Christ:
- Is Deity and the eternal and only Begotten Son of God.
- Became man without ceasing to be God.
- Was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life.
- Performed miracles.
- Died for our sins; was bodily resurrected. and ascended to the right hand of the Father
- Will personally return in power and glory to rule a thousand years as Lord of Lords and King of Kings
John 1:1; 17:5; Phil 2:6; Heb 13:8; Matt 1:23; John 14:7-11; Phil 2:5-8;
Col 2:9; 1 John 4:2; 1 Tim 2:5; Matt 1:23; 2 Cor 5:21; Heb 4:15; 1 Peter 2:22; Mark 6:2; John 10:32, 38; 14:11; Acts 2:22; Mark 16:19; Acts 2:32-33; Rom 5:6,8; 14:9; 1 Cor 15:3-7; 1 Thess 4:14; 1 Pet 3:18; Rev 19:11-16; 20:4-6; 1 Thess 4:16-17
- All human beings are sinful, fallen and unable to save themselves. The only remedy is the vicarious atoning death of the Lord Jesus Christ, in which man is forgiven of his sin, and reconciled, led to God by Jesus Christ’s substitutionary death and shed blood.
Rom 3:23; 5:12; 2 Cor 5:17-211 John 1:8; Eph 2:3-5; 8-9
- Salvation is a free gift of grace, through faith in theLord Jesus Christ. Man’s spirit is reborn through confession and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 John 5:1; Eph 2:8-9; Rom 10:9-10John 3:3-8; 1 Pet 1:23
- The ever present person and power of the Holy Spirit,who leads, guides, comforts, sanctifies and convicts. We believe that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is to endue the believer with power, and that His incoming is after the same manner as in Bible days.
John 14:16-17, 26; 15:26; 16:8-13; Luke 4:14; Matthew 12:28; Acts 1:8; 2:4; 8:14-17; 9:31; 10:38, 44-46; 16:6-7; 19:1·7;Romans 15:13, 16, 19; 1 John 3:24; Isaiah 11:2
- A personal relationship with God is vital & involves daily prayer, meditating on the Word, regular Bible study & the gathering together of like-minded believers.
2 Cor 5:18-20; Phil 3:7-10; Rom 12:2Acts 2:42: 12:5: 16:25; 17:11
1 Tim 2:1,8; Joshua 1:8; Matthew 6:5-13Luke 11:1-4; Psalm 119:15, 78, 971 Thess 5:17; Hebrew 10:25
- The reality of the fallen angel Satan and his present control over the earth and unregenerate man, and that many of our struggles are spiritual struggles.
Isa 14:12-14; Eze 28:12-17; Eph 2:2; 6:10-12; Mark 4:15; 2 Cor 4:4; 11:14-15; 12:7-9John 8:44; James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:8-9; 1 Tim 3:7 John 3:8; Job 1:6-12; 2:1-7; Rev. 12:7-9; 20:2-3, 7-10
- The resurrection of believers unto everlasting life and blessing in Heaven, and the resurrection of unbelievers unto judgment & everlasting punishment in Hell.
1 Cor 15:20-23; Luke 14:14; Matt 25:46; 1 Thess 4:16-17; John 3:16-18; 5:28-29; Rom 6:23; 2 Cor 4:16-18; 1 Tim 1:161 John 5:11-13; Rev. 20:11-15; 21:27
- Ordinances: We believe in the observance of theLord’s Supper, commemorating the sacrifice of our Savior for all mankind; and Water Baptism by immersion, symbolizing the believer’s union in the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
1 Cor 11:23-31; Luke 22:17-20; John 4:1-2; Rom 6:3-4; Acts 10:47-48; 19:5; Matt 28:19
- To have a strong personal desire to develop Christian character – the “Fruit of the Spirit”: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience. Kindness. Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control.
Gal 5:22-23; Eph 4:29-32; 5:8-10Col 3:18, 12-14; 1 Cor 13:1-7, 13; 1 John 4:7-8, 20-21
- Belief that the method ordained of God for the supportand spread of His cause is by the giving of tithes and free-will offerings.
Malachi 3:8-12; 2 Cor 9:6-11; Luke 11:42Gen 14:20; Prov 3:9-10; Lev 27:30-32; Phil 4:15-19
- Responsibility of all Christians to share the “Good News”of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Matt 28: 19-20; Mark 16: 15; Romans 10:13-152 Cor 5: 18-20; Eph 6:19-20; Col 4:3-6